Monday, November 05, 2007

Visiting Home

I went home this weekend, for my brothers 18th birthday. It also gave me a chance to pick up a few things from home.

The journey home was good, not too busy, the train even had four carriages..!! I had a nice tea of salmon that my dad cooked. I love home cooking!! :) I looked through the massive amount of post I had, most of it junk, but some stuff I wanted, including and Amazon order I hoped would be delivered before I came back to uni, and a few magazines. Plus, the stuff to say that I am now an official graduate of the University of Interesting, with a BSc in Tea Chemistry!

Saturday was fairly quiet, sorting a few things out, getting some photos printed, before going out for a meal for Tim's birthday. It was nice to see him again, as it's becoming such a rare event. And much to my surprise he's quit smoking!!

Sunday, I went back to my home church. Only my parents knew I was back, so the reaction I got was very funny!! I also realised home much I miss the youth group when I'm not there. It has grown since I was leading, from 5 youth to 10 ish when I was there, which is great!! I had an opportunity to have a good catch up with Ollie, chatting about how things are going, including the fact that he is now engaged, how exciting!!!

The weekend wasn't long enough, but I was wanting to get back here as well. The train journey back was really boring, was slightly longer than the journey to Bristol, but felt a lot longer. I had a book, but I wasn't really interested in it. I wanted internet access to check a few things, but most of all I just wanted the journey to be over.

I had a nice surprise when I arrived at Fratton. At to end of the platform were Ben and Ineke waiting for me. It was lovely of them to come and meet me, and great to see Ineke again! We realised that I had planned to go home the weekend she was visiting...woops... But we did get a chance to chat for a bit!

We went to church at the end of the service, and then on to the pub. Then Sarah, Sarah, Sarah and Jen came back with us, making our house busy, which was nice.

That about wraps it up for this weekend. Hope it's not to boring to read!!!

Clare xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking, perhaps we should refer to the 'Sarah's' as Sarah^3? Ok, I know that doesn't make 'math' sense but it's sounds kind of cool, Sarah Cubed, plus I'm sure it would be easier to type then Sarah 3 times. Oh but I guess there is copy, paste, :( was on such a roll!