Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Next Instalment...

As quite a few of my friends have blogged, I kind of feel like I should.

So what's been happening?

Well, lectures have restarted, and seem interesting, if a little hard in place. For example, we had a whole lecture on opening cells and separating the contents, including using a centrifuge. Included in all of that was the physics and equations behind it... oh dear!! But we are looking at things that are more relevant to my course and chosen career path.

The application grant for my summer project was completed and sent off over a week ago, which is good. It is to do an 8 week summer project working with RNase E, found in E. Coli, for which the crystal structure of it was found by my project supervisor. If we get the grant it should be a good experience, as well as working in an interesting field of research.

Ok, non-sciencey people can start reading again. It's been quite a socially active week, with people coming round, or us going out nearly every day this week, including seeing the UPBB playing and going to a kid's party, thrown by Paul. Although, I get the feeling that most children wouldn't be playing monopoly!!

Tonight, I am going to the launch of Student Alpha at King's which is very exciting. There's not much planned for the next few weeks, just hopefully trying to keep on top of work, and understand it all!!

TTFN

Clare xxx

No comments: