Saturday, April 19, 2008

One week on

So I've been doing this healthy eating thing for a week now and it has been hard, really hard. I think anyone who's been near me over this week will have realised that I was struggling. There are so many temptations around, it's easy to get caught up in it.

I have also found myself being more emotional and getting more teary than usual. But I've managed to keep going because of the awesome people around me. I have my friends praying and supporting me. I am also getting support from my tutor and one of the chaplains here.

I have had so much to think about and it's easy to lose focus. I have a week of 9-5's next week in the lab doing recombinant DNA techniques, that I have to read about this weekend :S. And I could list the problems that I can forsee because of all of this, but I won't because it will work out, I have great friends, housemates, family around me that will help.

Last Friday night, Ben, Dan and I gathered in the kitchen for a prayer session, which whilst being the tiniest bit random, was awesome. Tonight we did it again, and after the bumpy day today has been, it was really good to spend time with God and my friends, and have a chat as well as praying.

Whilst I still acknowledge that there will be bumpy times ahead, when I just want to attack a bar of chocolate or whatever, I know now that I can turn to my friends for that extra support to get me through. I know that there are many people praying for me and that ultimately God is right there by my side, never leaving me and never letting go!

This has been a bit of a random post, so I may re-read it tomorrow and wonder what on earth I've written, but I hope that it has made sense. And thanks once again to all those that are supporting me, in whatever way, it all helps!

Until next time...!

Clare xxx

No comments: