Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Major woops!

I seriously hadn't realised how long it had been since my last post, but the answer is quite a while, my bad!

I've officially started year 3 (argh!! How did that happen?), moved out of Stansted Road ( :( ), moved into my new house, with 4 other girls (3 from church, one on my course), turned 22 (!) and been on holiday (on the canals in and around Birmingham! Great fun, but stupidly early starts for a holiday!).

It's been an emotional time. I found moving back here much harder than I expected. I've become close to two of my friends from back home, so I think that played a factor in my homesickness. But I think the biggest factor was that I was really scared about starting year 3, my final year, the big one! I felt, (and still does a little) like I was standing on the edge of a huge dark abyss. I couldn't see the bottom, or the other side, and there in front of me was a tiny white line, or tightrope that I had to walk across, with the knowledge that one wrong step and I would fall and fail. But I've started walking. My big fears are all turning out to be stupid. Yes, it is going to be a very hard year, but as long as I am sensible, do my work, not sit around blogging all the time (!), and most importantly, trust God, I will succeed. I won't just get through, I'll do well.

I am also realising how blessed I am by all the amazing people I have around me, who I am proud to call friends. There are some who I don't get to see all the time any more, but who are still supporting me. But there are others who are here, at church, in my house and on my course, who are all so amazing. I hope that I can be as great a friend back as they are to me.

This is a very serious blog today, but in a good way. And just think, it could be worse, and I was writing about telomers or HPLC.

On a random side note, I now have a deviantart account, where I have posted some of the pictures I have drawn over the past few years, some really reacent, some much older. The address is: http://roofster86.deviantart.com/

So I'm back! And I will attempt to update this at least once a week.

Clare xxx

1 comment:

Toni Ertl said...

Hi Ruth.

For somne reason I read that website address as Devian Tart. Makes me chuckle a bit.

Hope you find you can enjoy year 3. And BTW you're quite welcome to write about HPLC (are you using an isocratic or gradient separation system?) and did you mean telomers or telomeres?

;)