Saturday, March 13, 2010

6 Months

I have been meaning to up date this blog about 2 or 3 times since October, but seem to have got distracted by everything else. Really sorry, I'm not going to make any promises about blogging more regularly, as I'm not entirely sure what to blog about. I can keep putting up my news, but is there more that I can use this blog for?

News time then. I am now employed, as a Science Technician in a South Gloucestershire school. I started back in November, (2nd November to be precise!) and I'm finding it great. There are stresses that come with working in a school, no money left in the budget, teachers changing their minds 5 minuets before they need equipment, and kids coming and disturbing us regularly because they need a pen or pencil! But the staff are great. I'm part of a team of 5 technicians, which is higher than most schools, one of whom is part time. We get on, have a laugh and still manage to get the work done. The teachers are also great, as long as you don't catch them in a highly stressful situation. Of course two great things about working in a school are fixed holidays, and every weekend off!

I am still involved in the Bristol Nights project, going out once every 6 weeks to give tea and coffee to anyone in the city centre who is around between midnight and 3 and would like one. A few months back, our generator broke down, it was spitting out sparks and plumes of black smoke, so we were having to use gas to boil our kettles, which slowed the process down slightly. It also meant that we haven't had any external light available. But we managed. The good news is that a new generator arrived in Bristol a few weeks ago, and is being installed on the bus. So we're praying that installation goes well, and we can have electricity when we next go out on the 10th April.

I'm going to stop there, I was hoping to finish on something interesting and thought provoking, but there's nothing that springs to mind right now, but who knows, I may be back soon with something more interesting!

Take care and God bless

Ruth xx

No comments: