Thursday, May 17, 2007

Me again...

Hello!!

Once again we have entered the dreaded exam period... :(, but that also means that I have nearly finished my first year at uni. I think that I more scary... To think that around 8 months ago things were sooo different, I had very few Christian friends, very few close friends, I rarely went out, whether it was just to see a friends, or a film, or clubbing. I never imagined quite how settled I would feel down here, that I would get on well with my flat mates, and hopefully not loose contact with some of them next year, that I was have a house sorted with house mates I'm looking forward to living with.

I go to a good, active church. I'm part of a great cell group, where I don't feel like I have to hide anything. God has been doing alot of work in my life, both with issues that I was aware of, and some that I had tried to bury. I would say that I have been broken by Him, but healed by Him. My faith has grown, through the rough patches, the really bad homesickness (which, I'm pleased to say has nearly gone..!! I still miss home tho!), the times I felt really distant from God.

The course is going well. I have found me feet, and am understanding lectures. The work side still need some more improvement, but it'll get there.

Things have been very positive. Four months at home, then back to the uni life.

Clare xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! It's good to be able to read a nice happy blog :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Ink said. I'm rather looking forward to us all living together next year as well, should be fin :)

Steve32 said...

not to be cruel but I'VE FINISHED!! woohooo such a relief it's like what should I do with myself no having to open my text books for like 4 months its an AWESOME feeling :)

Best of Luck in upcoming exams!!

Good reflective blog today you sound happy, which is always great to hear :D