Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Once again, Into the Breach

Well, I'm back in Portsmouth. The summer has been long, and I'm just about ready to start again!

After my last minute packing...(woops!!) on Friday, the car was loaded to the brim with all my random stuff ready for the trip down to Portsmouth on Saturday. I was excited, but also really worried about how I would cope, missing my family and having to re-adapt to life in Ports again.

The journey down was smooth most of the time, but when we reached Ports, we reached the traffic, it was horrible...!! My brother and mum, who travelled by train, reached the house first... :O! It was great to see Ben, Dan and Kita, who was visiting for the weekend, again. All the boxes were moved up to my room. Saturday evening was fairly relaxed. I got to meet Phil, who has become the fourth house mate after James had to pull out. Phil is from Germany, studying for his masters. Kita made us jacket potatoes and we just chilled out. Ben had to take the car back to his house, so didn't stay the night.

The first night was good, I just about slept, but had a 4:30 start to watch the Formula 1 in Japan. It was a bit of wet race, and was under the safety car for a lot of it, and I was running the risk of falling asleep, but there were some good parts! I went back to bed for a bit, but ended up just reading and watching kids tv. There was a BBQ at Adam's to welcome the new students. It was great to see everyone and catch up...!! :D The service was really good, a baptismal service. Some of us, went for drinks at the pub just down the road after. We walked some of the freshers back, then two of them decided to come back to ours and watch a film.

Didn't have much to do on Monday. Eventually got up, Ben, Dan and I had a really late breakfast, then headed to Southampton so the guys could buy more hi-fi stuff (sigh). The evening we all (the house mates) went to 'Spoons for tea. Apart from the fact that they had very little in the way of food, it was good.

Today I had registration and getting a few essentials, and another chance to see old friends again.

Oh, and I turned 21 on Thursday!! Scary!!

I'm sure I've missed something, but it happens...!!

Clare xxx

No comments: