Friday, February 02, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was an interesting day, with a few highs and a few lows. The day started with having to get up at 7:30, to go to my Introductory Forensic Biology exam. First off, I want entirely sure where the building was, but it was fairly easy to find in the end. Once we got into the exam, there was about a 5 minute wait before we could get started. The exam wasn't to bad, but there were definate holes in my knowlege, and in the end, I decided to leave early, than sit and stare at the paper. I was feeling a bit unhappy with the exam, convinced I'd failed it, but glad it was over. I was looking forward to getting back to my flat and ignooring it. On my way back, one of the guys from my course saw me and came over. I think he could tell from my body language that I wans't happy with how the exam had gone. Talking to him helped, and a few people had found it hard. I'm just glad I'm sticking to biochemistry.

I got back to my flat, washed up, then cooked myself a late breakfast, then spent most of the day just chilling out and unwinding.

That evening was the King's student cell group social. We met at Jamocha's first to decide where we were going. There was only three of us from the Tuesday night group, but I was good to see some of the other group, and meet some new people. We decided to got to the pub and play pool and darts, and then see if we wanted to go somewhere else.

On the way to the pub, I got a text message, asking me to ring one of my friends. As I knew the effect that conversations with this person can have on my, and the problems he's had, I asked one of the guys to pray. As I had expected, the phone conversation was a difficult one, and I could feel myself getting closer to tears the longer I talked. I was greatful for the fact that Adam had stayed with me. When I got of the phone, I felt really down. My gut instinct was to separate myself from everyone, but I knew that wasn't a good idea. I chatted to Adam about the call for a bit before joining the group. I had fun, and was able to forget about it. We left the pub, got chips and went back to Adam's house. The guys played the usual Xbox and table football. At one point during the evening, Steve rang. It was great to just chat. It was his fault that I have High School Musical songs in my head alot of the time.

So after the eventful day, it was good to end it with friends laughing.

Two prayer requests:
1. For the friend I mentioned earlier, Danny. He needs alot of prayer at the moment. I'm not going to go into details on here, but he is going through a very rough patch and feels like there isn't onyone who can support him. Also, can you pray for me? As I mentioned earlier the conversations I have with him can affect me alot. Can you pray that I don't get dragged down by this and can let go after conversations with him?

2. For my exam next Tuesday, I am really worried about it. Can you pray that I won't panic and the information comes to hand when I need it?

Thanks

Ruth xxx

No comments: