Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Missing Pompey...

Had the first really missing Pompey sadness hit me on Saturday evening. I was playing clarinet at my dads church for their Easter Vigil, and tbh I was very worried. I had only received the music about a week previous, only played through it with the arranger, Helen, and the soloist, Lisa, on the Tuesday and only play through it with the other band an hour and a half before the service...and that didn't go to well...plus I hadn't played that much over past year or two and I have always had others to support me...

For a bit of prayer and support I rang Dan. And it was when the call ended that I really realised how much I miss everyone down there, all the new friends I've made, who I know will and do support me. The phone call was good, but I missed actually seeing people, the smiles, the hugs...and I started crying... I didn't want any awkward questions so I found somewhere quiet to be, which isn't easy in that place...and calmed myself down.

I went well in the end, Helen quietly humming some of the rhythms I was less sure of, and people were saying that I had played well both to my face and to my dad. Although now I may get lined up to play at other Masses and at Christmass...oh dear!!!

Clare xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well and see you soon