Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Old friends and a new phone

Today, I set out with the intention of doing some shopping in Bristol before I go home. I even had a plan as to the order I would do things. But as usual plans don't always work.

I caught the bus to town with my mum (I love Pompey, I can walk to town!!), then caught another bus to the top of Park street. I think that I was having a very bad day when the first thing that happened as I got off the bus was I got "got" by a fones 4 U salesman...oh dear!! I for some reason agreed to go into the shop to talk about contracts. After a while they needed forms of ID etc, but I didn't have them. As I was leaving, the guy serving me whispered that it may be worth me going next door...to the Carphone Warehouse...!!! When I escaped, I made it about 100m nearer to my initial destination before a guy from face2face stopped me. After chatting to him for a short period of time I escaped again!

I then continued my journey. I was heading to the Royal West of England Academy to see an old (sorta) friend, Dan, who I hadn't seen in nearly 2 years!! Shocking...!! But unfortunately that seems to be the same for most of my friends... I arrived, and after wandering around for a while looking for him decided the best option was to ask. I did, and he was contacted and came to see me. I think he was slightly surprised to see me...in a good way I hope(!), and it was good to have a chance to catch up. He also got me free entry into the gallery. Not that I really cared, and I was glad not to have to pay. TBH I'm not really a big fan of paintings...and we ended up talking more about whether they were straight and how bored the artist must have been instead of the content...We chatted a bit more before he decided it was time to go back to work, and after a hug, and promises to see each other in August/September time, I left.

It was time to try to continue the phone saga. As I had started it, I thought that I may as well finish it. So I headed to Carephone Warehouse (am I allowed to state brands???). The first thing I notice about it was that it was smaller, and busier. So I joined the queue. It was about a 10 minute wait before I got to speak to someone, but he was very apologetic. After telling him roughly what Fones 4 U had said we started talking about options for that phone. Then other contracts and other phones. I was a lot happier with this guy than the other one. He seemed more open to the fact that there may be a better taffif out there for me and a phone I may like more. There was lots of cerfuffle (is that even a word??) but eventually, after over an hour...(!) it was sorted, and I now have a new phone, a MOTOKRZR K1 in cosmic blue (yay!!) and a new number. Hopefully, if I have your number you should be getting a text from me with the new number in it.

I then picked up a cable for my old phone to connect it to my computer, the on to Wesley Owen to get a few C.D's, then Travelling Man for some books, before calling it a day and going home, rather than into Broadmead as was my original plan.

Phew, what a day!!!

I think I've covered everything!!

Clare xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spell it kerfuffle, but I reckon it's a word! Lou and Andy use it in Little Britain don't they?

Anonymous said...

are you challenging me here? who can write the longest post well your on!!

Roofster said...

so my turn to have anonymous comments...although I think I know who you are...!!!

I hadn't realised quite how long that post was...oops!! :P It's not a challenge....but whatever...could be fun!!

Ineke-Kerfuffle looks better with a k, and I only know it from little Britain I think...