Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Good! I like subheadings!!

Ok, the title has nothing to do with the post but it was writen on my essay so I thought it was entertaining.

This is my third attempt at writing this... argh!! Where to start? Well...today, I woke up, got ready and walked into the kitchen. I was greeted with questions as to whether I had seen two of my flat mates today. Turns out that one went with the other to the hospital at midnight and they hadn't been heard from since. And to cut a long story short.... we turned up at the hospital just as this person had been discharged. They had a swollen apendix...painful, but seem ok now!

Right, this week has been a week of birthdays! Last fridays was Ben's. But as he was going away for the weekend, we couldn't celebrate until this week. So we did. We carefully planned the party for Monday, got the number of one of his flat mates... :D, and planned to go in when he was at Big band. The decorations were bought on Saturday, and we were ready to go. Dan and I went to Tesco to get las minute supplies like food, cider ansd cake!! Then we recieved an unwelcome call!! It was Ben's flat mate telling us that he may not be going to Big Band after all.... PANIC!!! Dan came up with the idea of going to play pool with Ben... and it worked!! Phew, panic over. That did leave us with 24 cans of cider to take tho...along with everything else, but we managed between three of us! When Ben was out the way, we started decorating the kitchen. I forgot to mention the decorations....they were random!! St Patricks day, 25th anniversary, 50th anniversary, 10th birthday, 60th birthday, easter, you get the picture..!!! We were ready by the time they finally(!!) got back! Then we encountered our next problem...how were we suposed to get him into the kitchen......!!! After several attempts, Dan rang Ineke to ask her, to tell Ben that Dan was injured and needed his help! Well, he didn't fall for it, but we got him into the kitchen. Enter picture of Ben, looking very surprised!!!


We had a really good time: bacon sandwiches!!, Doogle from the magic roundabout cake, ballroom dancing..!!! etc, amazing!!!


On Tuesday, we had cell as usual. Except that once again, we did more decorating, this time to surprise Adam whose birthday is today!!! Again it was so much fun!

Tonight we went ballroom dancing again!!! Its so much fun and starting feel more co-ordinated!!

Think thats it for now!!

Nite guys,

Clare x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe ben jus looks confused in tht first pic :P

Steve32 said...

Ballroom ACE!! I got my audition later today for beginners salsa, latin and ballroom should go ok.

Birthday weeks aree fun although I do end up eating too much chocolate and cake and sweet stuff

Well I better rush els I'd be late for dispensing lab ARGH!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that piccy of Ben, like "Huh? What on earth?" :D