Saturday, October 14, 2006

Is it really Saturday...?

I really should be in bed, but I thought that I would take the time to update you on my day. Yesterday evening, I went out to celebrate Denise's birthday with her and some of her friends. At about 10pm I decide it was time to join the party happening at my flat. I arrived in time for the last of the punch and met to of Clare's friends who she knows from back home in Wales but who are studying in Southampton. Then it was time to hit the clubs, where I was incredibly sensible and stuck to soft drinks...!! We started at V Bar, had a couple of drinks, danced for a while and took some crazy photos!! We moved on, or by that point stumbled on to Yates's for more dancing, more drinking, and more photos!! When Yates's closed at just past one, it was time to find another club. The only problem being...there weren't any open... we did however bump into a group of people who we got chatting to for a bit. When the whole group had been dragged away from their interesting conversations, like learning Polish..., we made it back to the flat, for food and, in the case of a few people who I won't name here, more drinking. By three o'clock, I was falling asleep, so it was off to bed for me... So, as you can probably imagine, I woke up today to a flat full of people who were feeling a bit worse for wear, or in some cases, still drunk!! Sam had got up for an interview for a job at 9, but the rest of us were still half asleep for hours. We had to say goodbye to Clare's friends at about 12, and then, for the rest of the day, the flat was a bit quiet. I printed out some notes for a friend, then watched most of Pirates of the Caribbean, and had tea. As usual at the moment, my plans for a quiet night in, a good book, and an early night fell through...again!! Instead, we walked to Gunwarf Quays, had a game of bowling and played a few arcade games, then got some chips and came back to the flat...virtually no drinking involved!! And now its time for bed...
And, just incase you were interested...the Spinaker Tower does look nice at night!!!!
I'll sign off now, and hope that when I read this back in the morning it all makes sence...
Nite,

Ruth x

No comments: