Friday, October 13, 2006

My first post!!

So...I've finally given in and have started writing a blog. Isn't it exciting!!
I have no idea if any one is going to read this, but I might as well use it.
Right...introduction....I'm at Portsmouth Uni studying biochemistry. I moved in nearly two weeks ago now!! Seems much longer. I'm staying in a flat type thing in halls with five other people. It's great fun. I'm orgionally from Norfolk, but have lived in Bristol for most of my life. Thats a very brief overview about who I am...
I've had a fairly quiet day today. Had a maths lecture at 9 this morning...argh! I followed it for about the first five minutes, realised it was something that I had done before but didn't understand and then preceded to get more and more confussed as the lecture when on, so I now have helpful messages in my notes saying "help, I'm confused". So if anyone reading this has any idea how to work with normal distribution curves, and z-values and that kind of thing, can you leave me a message, because I don't get it, and I have a feeling that it may be reeeeeeaallllllly important for my course!!
I then when back to my flat for coffee and biscuits with Mervyn and Diane, from my course and tutor group, before heading back for a tutorial session at 11:30. We had an hour of chatting and doing some biological type things, like naming parts of a cell and their functions, before I came back to my flat, had an egg sandwich, not very healthy but easy to cook, and tasty, then I wrote a shopping list, put on some music, and started writing this!!!! We went shoppong to the supermarket, then Nick and Lewis decided to buy coconuts so we then spent an hour in the kitchen watching them try to eat them...sooo funny! Havn't got much planned for tonight. Apparently theres a hypnotist at the union that people may be going to, and a foam party at Route 66. But I may be boring and stay in...! So that was my day...not very exciting...but hey...!
I'd be interested to hear peoples comments on my not very interesting day!!
Hope you haven't fallen asleep reading this. Keep checking back for updates on my life....I might also write a few posts retrospectivly...

Ruth x

2 comments:

Ben said...

u dirty stop out, you didn't stay in and be boring, you went out :P was route 66 good?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first blogpost AND surviving biochem/stats. Just wait 'till you get on to pair and unpaired t tests :-/

FWIW I just bought a bike frame from a guy in Bristol..... Fascinating, eh? ;¬)