Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's been a while...

Ok, only four days but...where to start...
I am pleased to report that at the moment, things are feeling really good. I've come to a few realisations over my relationship with God, that I wqas a bit slow realising, which is good.
Its been a few good, random crazy days!!
Friday was, well, fridayish!! Not much happened, i had a quiet night in and watched a film, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, whilst tidying my room! Shocking I know. Was woken up at 12:30am by a random noise, which i quickly worked out was my message tone on my phone, then couldn't get back to sleep because my lovely (i really mean this! no sarcasm involved!!!) flatmates were chatting in the kitchen and the walls are paper thin!! Got back to sleep relatively quickly and work up next morning at a not to bad hour, but only got out of bed at about 11:30am to swich on my laptop, very important!!! Started chatting to Dan who invited me down to the beach with him and Kita. Great idea...or so i thought!!! We left halls at 1:45pm and only got back about 6pm!! That was after making our was to the beach, wandering and taking photos for a bit, then deciding to find Jamocha's for coffee. Easy...right? Um...no!! Kita and I later worked out we had walked a total of 9 and a half miles that day!! Completly by accident!! You know you've got lost when you end up by Portsmouth football stadium, which was no where near our origional destination!!! We did FINALLY make it to Jamocha's, at about 5! But it was fun, all the same, if you discount Dan's squeeky shoe..... Later, I was also invited to see World Trade Center with Kita and Dan, again! I was a bit unsure as to whether to go or not, but I decided that I might as well...and I was no where near as bad, traumatic or badly made as I had feared!! In face, I would even go so far as to recommend seeing it. It was a very moving film, but well made.
Sunday...well, as usual I went to church, walking with Kita and Dan. It was a really good service, as always. Then I can back to my flat, had a light lunch and then watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, immediatly followed by Princess Diaries 2. Sam came round later, and we went to the Christianity Explored launch evening. I was a really good eveing. Well lead, plus they had Linvoy Primus, defender for Portsmouth football club, and a Christian, speaking and giving his testamony. Oh, and then there was the free food!!!!
And finally, we reach today, in this update on my life. Well, I had three lectures on Biodiversity, and a Study Support Skills. Had abreak at lunch so I came home, microwaved a microwave meal, ate it, did my bible study, then prayed for a bit. It was great really. Some stuff had been laying heavy on my heart, so it was great to sit down and deal with it, give it to God. I also went to the Worship Training at King's which was really good. To be honest, I didn't really want to go. It's been over a year since I properly picked and played my clarinet. But I had fun, and worshiped God!
And thats about it folks. Other stuff did happen, but I thought I would just give you the exciting stuff!!!
Hopefully it wont be so long until the next post!!
Oh well...

Nite all!

Ruth x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, yeah sorry about the squeaky shoe!

Lol, picked a clarinet!

Glad things are turning around for you as well

Dan x