Friday, October 20, 2006

Three Weeks

I can't believe that it has been nearly three weeks since I moved down here to Portsmouth from Bristol. The first few days were, to be honest, horrible. I had fun when I saw friends or was at church, but it was when I was alone, only my thoughts and everything, that the homesickness crept in...I couldn't eat, I struggled to sleep, I wondered for the life of me why on earth I was even here in Portsmouth. Things did slowly start to get better, I started getting to know my flat mates and going out with them, even tho I decided to stay in tonight, aren't I sensible...and settling in on my course and in a church. I still miss home, but it's not so bad anymore.
There are still the "why am I here?" moments, but I think they can happen any where in life. I also sometime experience a "lost" sort of feeling...hard to explain.
Things seem to keep creaping up on me, and before I know it, they're inside my head, I can't shift them, they almost seem to overtake me....ok...that doesn't really make sence...
How did this turn into such a depressing entry???
There was more drinking again in our flat tonight...great fun, as usual I didn't participate, but had fun all the same.
Last night was good. Some of us from the cell group, Dan, Ben, Sam, James and myself met up at the Isambard Kingdom Brunell (why can't I escape that man???) for a meal before deciding to go see a film. The film of choice was The Departed, which I realised fairly early on wasn't a film I would usually see...oops!! It was quite good, but a bit confusing in places, and bloody, violent and horrid at times. But hey...it was still a good night out!!
I think I stopped making sence a while ago, so I'll stop writing this before I write something really stupid!!! Hehe!
Thanks for reading...

Ruth x

2 comments:

Ben said...

"Every little thing's gonna be alright, every little thing's gonna be alright"

*hug* it'll be ok :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth..

Just to say Hello!!!!

Keep plugging away, God has a great plan for you.. and he knows exactly what you are going through. This is just a little blip on a rather large adventure..

PS: are you commming to Sunday Night Live?

Hugs
Denise
xxx