Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fusion

Right, I'm far to tired to write this, but I know that if I don't write it people will moan that I haven't blogged!!! So here it is, my view on the Fusion weekend.

We, Ben, Adam, Adam and I, travelled to Oxford Friday night, Dan had travelled down on Thursday and Sam was coming down later. Adam (Blade) had bought some cards, sensible idea!! So we had something to do. Most of us had a seat for most of the journey and eventually arrived in Oxford, to be collected by Dan. We drove back to his house, abandoned our bags in the kitchen and had time for a drink and PS2 playing before leaving for Fusion. Arrived at about 6:30, was still really quiet, but we had cards so we were alrite!! The first session was really good, we stayed for the after hours stuff, then went to leave at around 11:30. Sam had to drop some friends off at the Park and Ride, easy...right? Um...no. There are quite a few in Oxford, and we had got lost. So after a lengthy phone conversation with Ben, trying to give him and the others some idea where we were, they found us and led us to the right Park and Ride!! We got back at around 12:30 i think, plenty of time for tea and PS2!!!!!! We eventually got to bed at 3ish, Dan, Adam and Adam in Dans room, and Ben and I in the living room. Ben borrowed this massive blow up bed, it was taller than the sofas and took up the entire spare space in the living room. Fun!!!

We had set my alarm for 7:30, the time Dan said we should be up to get us there in good time. So, at 7:30 my alarm went off, and Ben and I dragged our selves out of ur sleeping bags and got up. We were kind enough to wake the others up. It only took three attempts and was well past nine by the time they were up, so we had missed half of the first session, oh well!! We had a good, if busy day. Two main sessions, then lunch, of rolls and stuff, then three seminars, tea (McDonalds...) then back for the main evening session. The speaker was really good and inspiring! We got back earlier, after staying to play cards eat cake and listen to the jazz band, and managed to make it to bed at around 1.

The alarm was set for the same time, and once again, Ben and I were up, with a bit more effort this time. We decided not to poke the others until 9, the time the first session started...so we missed that one!!! We got there with time to spare before the main and final session. So, guess what...we played cards...you seeing a pattern here? Then it was time for the main service. We were all still half asleep, but some how only Ben managed to fall asleep during the talk!!! We were sat on the floor, and he had lay down with a cushion under his head, so it wasn't that surprising. At the end of the service, we had to rush off because Chris, Dan's brother needed his drum sticks, which were in the car we had. So back to Dan's house briefly before go to meet Toni and Chris. It was great to finally meet them after hearing so much about them and reading Toni's blog for a while. We had lunch there, before deciding, well Dan decided and the rest of us just sat there, to visit Dan's church. It was a good service there, but we had to rush off again to get our bags from Dan's house before catching the train home again. It was a fairly uneventful journey home, I was sooo tired!! Then back to my flat.

I ended up going to Dan's flat where I watched two episodes of Torchwood. Then I went back to my room, and failed to get the early night I planned!! Oh well....

Today and Monday were fairly uneventful. Only one lcture yesterday, then worship training in the evening, and I didn't feel well today so I only went to one lecture today...oops!!
Now sat in Dan's flat, with ben, all three of us on computers....who said people don't talk anymore...???

That's it for now...you can stop moaning about a lack of blogging for at least a day of two...can't you?

Clare (or is it Ruth again?) xx

1 comment:

Toni Ertl said...

Good to meet you Clare.... errr Ruth.

;¬)