Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Passion of the Christ

I finally watched it, I've been meaning to watch it for ages and I finally did. Dan, Ben and I all gathered in Dan's room and, after what can only be described as delaying tactics (food, drink, web type things), we finally put the disk in and pressed play. The film bought up a lot of questions, and I think we all decided that it wasn't a film you could be quiet in or watch alone. Having Ben and Dan joke about stuff helped lighten the mood when the horrible stuff happened. It was a really good film, but one I'm not sure that I would want to watch again.
Last night we said that one of the reasons it was so hard to watch, was that it wasn't a fiction story, sprung from the mind of a writer some where, but it happened, it really happened, and it happened because of me, He died for me!! There are many times when its still a really hard concept to cope with. The reality of the suffering is very clear in the film. Sometimes, the only image you see of Christ on the cross is a man with a few scratches and a hole in his side, not the image presented in the film, the more accurate version.

I also agree with what Ben put in his blog. You can read it here.

Thats all for now folks!

Clare x

No comments: