Sunday, December 03, 2006

Alice in a very wierd Wonderland

I was in two minds as to what to post about the weekend just gone. The best option, as I'm slowly finding out, is to be honest.
Let's start Friday morning- I had a 9am practical for biodiversity, looking at the devlopment of limbs and jaws throughout evolution. I overslept, partly because I was woken up by my flatmates at 3:30am....and only woke up again at 9:10am...oops!! Unfortunatly, that put me in a really bad mood....so sorry if I upset or offened any one, it was nothing you did. Got to the practical half an hour late. It wasn't too bad, more boring really. I was still tired, and had to pack to be ready to visit Karen, so missed the next lecture. Oh well... I then pack, sorted out a few things, got Karen's card and present, visited Ben briefly in Bateson, who hugged the present for Karen... then grabbed my bag from my room and headed for the train station. Lesson one learned last weekend was: never travel on the train to Cardif Central on a Friday afternoon. It was a horrible journey, really packed for half of the journey :(. I eventually arrived in Southampton, only took about 40 mins so not to bad, then had to find Karen. Once Karen was found we got a taxi to her house (I still havn't learned to pack light!!!). I saw Sam and Louise again, from home and met Liam. Ditch was a bit more elusive, appearing for about five minutes durring the whole evening. Karen was busy making her costume, so I read the latest edition of Saiyuki Reload. After the day I had, I ended up going to Karen's room to cry for a bit, that way annoying! We had pasta for tea, then watched MI 3 whilst sewing cards onto thread to make decorations for the party. There was still plenty of time for a few games of micromachines, Liam is really good at it!! Then time for bed.

Got up at about 11 next morning, would have liked longer but Karen and I had to go shopping to get parts of my costume. First place to visit was, Forbidden Planet. I hadn't been in there sooo long!! Unfortunatly for me, they had a couple of dvd's that I wanted reduced, and I gave in to temptation an bought them!! When we managed to drag each other out of the shop we wandered along to the costume shop to get cat ears and a tail for the party that evening. We then grabbed some lunch and tried to find Sam and Louise. That meant wading through the millions of people who were shopping in Southampton... :(. When we found them, they were yet to get the end of their costumes, so we went back to the costume shop, the two charity shops and Forbidden Planet. We still needed some material for a bow tie so went to the material shop, then met Liam and Ditch, and went to Asda for supplies...i.e. lots of alcohol...!!! We wondered back to the flat and realised we had been out nearly 5 hours and still had tea to eat, Karen's costume to finish and cakes to cook. I wasn't feeling to good, emotionally of physically so I went to my room for a bit, read and rang Dan, who cheered me up. Then it was time to get really...that was funny. I was the most bizarre looking cat known, in jeans, shirt (not black), with a black cardigan, ears and tail. We drew wiskars on with liquid eye liner, and my costume was finished!!! I went down stairs to see a wierd green thing in the kitchen, then I realised that it was actually Ditch in his caterpillar costume. I was given the task of writing 'Eat Me' on half of the cakes. Then people started arriving. A punch was made and the party had started. The music was very odd in places but there were the usual classics to sing along to as well as alot I didn't know!! I was talking to the animation students for most of the night! I was also steering clear of the alcohol. I ended up sat talking to Jacs and Karen (different one to my friend). It was nice to chat about all sorts. There were some serious subject discussed, but people kept walking through the middle of the conversation......... At around 1 o'clock, we started watching Alice in Wonderland, and things starting getting weird. Anyway, the party started wrapping up at the end of Alice, at around 2:30 ish, but the last person left at around 3:30. Then I sat chatting to Karen about the evenings events, and we decided that it might be best for me to stay in the same room as her for that night.

I woke up this morning at 8, 10 and finally 12, noticing that it was darker at 12 than at 10!! Why?? We got up, I packed then we chilled out until my taxi came, then we got to the station and I boarded the train away from Southampton and the weird weekend. The journey took just over an hour. I got back to my flat and had only been in for a bit when Dan asked to borrow 50p. and then a short while later I got a call from him asking if I had and 20ps...the washer and dryer is tempremental. We met for church, and then James, Ben and I all came back to Dan's flat, where I am now, writing this while listening to Christmas songs and listening to the guys play cricket..inside. I've only been hit twice...!!!!

No comments: